The purchase of products from this web site is governed by these terms and conditions. By accessing the site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contained in our terms and conditions are details of current regulations governing online shopping. Please read them carefully as they contain important information. If you intend to purchase from our site we recommend that you print a copy of these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove, without notice, any information on this site as necessary.
We aim to deliver the best possible customer experience and we therefore adhere to all current and proposed legislation in addition to trade body guidelines. The conditions detailed below do not affect your statutory rights. These include all of the current guidelines relating to the information that we hold about you and, in order to clarify this, we have a published privacy statement.
Your contract is with Wayford Westcountry Wines Ltd, trading as Wayford Vineyard.
Your security is very important to us. Your order is sent to us online via a secure server that uses the latest SSL encryption technology to protect your credit card details. Your credit card details are not held on the internet or even on our own systems, making the Wayford Vineyard online purchase process safe.
Wayford Vineyard is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We use software on the website that collects statistics such as how many people are visiting the site, which pages they are looking at and how long they are spending on the site. This information is anonymous and is used only in order for us to understand visitor needs and improve the site.
We will never collect sensitive information from you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate, relevant and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us or phoning us on 01460 78907. Any inaccuracies will be corrected promptly. We will never disclose any information about you to any third party.
When you visit some areas of our website, a ‘cookie’ will be placed on your computer. This is a small file that enables our site to improve the quality of your visit. You may be able to set your browser to reject cookies, although this may affect the quality of your visit.
All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available. Products and packaging are subject to change or substitution without prior notice. Every effort will be made to dispatch the items specified.
1. We use a courier company to deliver orders. We use a reputable courier who will require a signature on delivery, if you are unlikely to be home you might prefer to use your work address. Alternatively, you might be carded leading to possible delays or, in the worst case, having to collect from your nearest depot. In the unlikely event that delivery is delayed, due to no fault of our own, we cannot accept responsibility.
2.1 APC undertakes to deliver to the address specified on the Consignment or in the dispatch documentation, not to a Recipient,
2.2 In respect of UK deliveries, if there is no-one present at the address then:
- APC may at its discretion attempt to deliver the Consignment to an alternative neighbouring address.
- if the Consignment is delivered to an alternative address, a Customer Contact Card will be left at the specified address which has been completed with sufficient details to enable the Recipient to recover the Consignment; and
- the Customer agrees that such delivery shall constitute delivery to the address specified as the delivery address on the Consignment.
- APC shall not be liable in respect of any Consignment delivered to the delivery address or other address specified by the Recipient, where any person misrepresents his authority to receive the Consignment on the Recipient’s or Customer’s behalf; or where APC is delivering it in accordance with instructions from, or purporting to be from the Recipient or the Customer.
- When delivering a Consignment, if the particular Service provides for it, APC will request the person who accepts delivery (not necessarily the Recipient in person) to sign an acknowledgement of receipt, which may include signature by electronic means.
- Copies of the receipt referred to in 2.4 above, shall be available (subject to data protection requirements) for a period of six months from the date of delivery, upon payment of the relevant charges as published by APC from time to time.
- P.O. Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses for any of the Services.
- For addresses within the postcode areas specified as local to the vineyard, we may make alternative arrangements for delivery. In this event we will contact you by email or phone to arrange a mutually convenient date and time.
If an item is out of stock we will email you with the option either to cancel your order or, having told you when we can fulfil it, to wait for delivery.
Methods of Payment
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron and Maestro (Switch). If you are paying by Maestro you will also need to include the card issue number or start date. If you order by telephone you may also pay by cheque. Please make cheques payable to Wayford Westcountry Wines Ltd and write your name and address on the back of the cheque. Cheque orders will not be processed until payment has been cleared.
The total cost of your order is the price of the products including delivery charges.
All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to dispatch, so please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct. We cannot accept responsibility for an order being held back as a result of incorrect or invalid payment details being given.
In the unlikely event that your payment card is used fraudulently to make a purchase through the Wayford Vineyard order service you, the consumer, are entitled to cancel the said payment(s). If payment has already been made, you, the customer, are entitled, in accordance with the standing Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulation (2000), to a re-credit or to have all sums returned to you by the card issuer.
Use of the Wayford Vineyard Website
The unauthorised modification (including deleting from or adding to) of this website is strictly prohibited. We cannot be held responsible for the content of any other website to which we publish a link. Wayford Vineyard makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects. We cannot, however, guarantee that your use of this website will not cause damage to your PC. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of using this website. This website may only be used for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights or restrict the use of the website by any third party. Any unauthorised attempt to disrupt the service provided by this website is strictly prohibited.
Should you have any queries with your order, please contact us on 01460 78907 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
All transactions will be cleared in the UK in GBP (Sterling).
Claims for breakages or other damage must be made to the carrier at time of receipt and followed up in writing or by email to Wayford Vineyard within three days of receipt.
We are unfortunately unable to offer refunds on orders if we have not been notified within this time period.
Wine: We operate a policy for cancellation to allow you a cooling off period after placing your order. In accordance with the Distance Selling Directive (2000) you may cancel your order at any time without reason within 7 working days of delivery.
You may cancel your order, for any reason provided: –
You, or the recipient notifies us of your cancellation in writing/ e-mail to the address on our “contact us” page within seven working days of delivery.
The goods remain unused and the packages or boxes remain unopened. You or the recipient retain and take reasonable care of the goods until you return them.
You return packaged item(s) to Returns at Wayford Vineyard to the address on the “contact us” page.
Please be aware that you will be liable for the original and any postage/carrier costs incurred as a result of returning items to Wayford Vineyard and you should ensure that you obtain proof of postage as you send it back. A refund can only be provided for items received back by us in perfect condition.
Tours: In the event of cancellation, Tour bookings are not refundable.
In some cases, & dependent on availability with a tour booking we can change the date with two weeks notice beforehand.
Use of this Website from outside the UK
We are only able to provide standard delivery for mainland U.K. For orders requiring delivery outside this area please email us in the first instance at email@example.com
Any issues please give us a call 01460 78907.